Sunday 13 February 2011

Blood test results back

So was a bit worried about the absence of weight lost. So went and got my blood tested. Results came back with some very interesting values. I most certainly have something called hypothyroidism, which means that my thyroid doesn't work as it should, which means that my metabolism is much lower than for people with normal values. I will not let that bring me down and have not given up. I am just going to go harder and better!

I got my blood checked because I hadn't lost anything in two weeks while I was following Tim's plan to the point. I was even exercise quite a lot, and that without cheat snacking or anything like that. I eat plenty of proteins and drink heaps of water, and have never cheated. I haven't had anything even remotely white. I followed the simple motto, if in doubt, then don't eat it. On top of that I have even done the cold treatments. I have done my best to spike calorie intake on the cheat days and I have even been doing air squats and push-ups and drinking grapefruit to keep the food from getting stored as fats on cheat days. So I went and got my blood checked.


Not all was bad though. I could see the results of going on the diet. I had a lot values increased above the norm thanks to diet and specifically to increased protein intake and vitamin intake. My cholesterol was much better. LDL was down to 4.2, which is the lowest in a long time. But my TSH was 5.1 mU/L and it is supposed to be between 0.4 and 2.5, but never above 3.5. I will not start hormone treatment yet, but will wait to get some more tests done. It is nothing serious, you just have to take a pill to replace the lost hormones. It is usually a medication called Levaxin. But it might take a while before the right dose is found. You start on the lowest and work you way up until your TSH is where you want it to be.

Will instead try and order some virgin coconut oil and have that everyday to see if it can help me speed up my metabolism.

Probably going to see a huge increase in fat loss as soon as I start on Levaxin, but that has to wait. I am going to do it anyway. I just have to up the cardio even a bit more.


Don't give up -  never give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment